Literacy Course: The Runway to Reading
Literacy Course: The Runway to Reading
The Runway to Reading is an online course that walks you through the entire process of teaching reading: from assessment to goal selection to instruction. This course will teach you how to provide effective literacy instruction to your students with autism. This product requires that you add an email address during purchase so that you can receive your invitation to the course.
Included in this Course:
- Training Videos: The training content is broken down into short, manageable topics. There are 5 modules with over 30 video lessons - each topic is broken into short, actionable videos and concepts are explained in a user friendly way. Content is available in video format, closed captioned video, audio only, and written transcripts.
- Resources: There are over 100 downloadable tools and templates included in this course. The resources to setup and organize four binders to run your reading programs are included. Informal reading assessment, data sheets, training guides, handouts, literacy centers, and more are also part of the course
- Community: Get access to our private community. There, you can share your progress with others, collaborate with your peers and The Autism Helper team, and participate in Live Q&A sessions directly with Sasha.
- 6 continuing education credits upon completion of the course. This includes option to BACB and ASHA CEUs.
Course Outline for The Runway to Reading:
- Module 1: Assessment - In Module 1, we start with assessment and how to determine the current reading skill set of each of your learners (4 training videos with 8 downloadable resources)
- Module 2: The Process - In Module 2, we introduce the Foundational 5 Components of reading and how these work within our 3 Part Framework. This module gives the complete overview of how to teach reading in a cohesive way (4 training videos with 4 downloadable resources)
- Module 3: Planning and Setup - In Module 3, we set the stage for successful reading instruction. We review how to schedule, lesson plan, and get organized (6 training videos and 30+ downloadable resources)
- Module 4: Implementation - In Module 4, learn how to implement the 3 Part Framework. Each part of the framework is broken down to provide actionable strategies and examples, data collection techniques, and options for individualization (10 training videos with 50+ downloadable resources)
- Module 5: Data, Progress, & Staff Training - In Module 5, learn how to analyze your reading data and make data based decisions. Next, we review how to establish an effective staff training plan to get your team on board (5 training videos with 4 downloadable resources)
Once you purchase this online course, you will be given access to it for six months. You can access this course either through a web browser or through The Autism Helper app! Once again, this product is an online course and is not a physical product.
For information on School Licenses and group discounts, submit a school license request form here.
- JVJennifer V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRole EducatorWhat age range best describes your student(s)? ElementaryRated 5 out of 5 stars16 seconds agoLiteracy Course: The Runway to Reading
Very informative, excellent resources provided with usable as well as valuable materials.SatisfactionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- DBDiana B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRole EducatorWhat age range best describes your student(s)? Middle School/Jr High SchoolRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoThe Runway to Reading
Very informative and practical advice to get started with reading groups. I just wished you had more examples of actual reading groups working with a teacher.SatisfactionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- VVValerie V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRole EducatorWhat age range best describes your student(s)? ElementaryRated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoGreat!
I am looking forward to using this in my classroom in the fall!SatisfactionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BGBex G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRole ParaprofessionalWhat age range best describes your student(s)? Middle School/Jr High SchoolRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoRoad Map to Reading
I've loved this course. It's not the first I've done either. All the courses put what you already know into order & keep you organised. Then if you find you have any gaps in your own learning, those are filled.
The forms that are included save so much time & are professional. 👍SatisfactionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5